During the busy seasons in our lives it is easy for us to forget about ourselves and turn our focus to others. We cannot lose sight of ourselves while looking after other.
"Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”– Lucille Ball
I would like to share with you five ways to find your love in yourself.
1. Create Balance - For less stress and stress related problems it is important to have a work/play balance. We can not be all work and no play or all play and no work.
2. Grow Spiritually - This can mean many things to many people. For me, this would be having a better, stronger relationship with God. When we love God we are able to love ourselves and others.
3. Practice Self-Care - I wrote a post here on 25 ways to practice self-care.
4. Volunteer - It always feels good to go out and give back. You can get a little sun at a beach clean-up or make someone smile with a visit or donation. You may think ‘Isn’t this doing for others?’ Well, yes, but it makes your heart happy to give.
5. Forgive - It is important for your well being that you forgive others and yourself. When we refuse to forgive we hold on to a hurt that can become bitterness. Not forgiving also give the other person a control over you thus you losing control of self.
Chime In: What are some ways you love yourself?
Thank you for reading a story from #BehindTheBlogger Hop. Every 2 weeks a group of bloggers is given a writing prompt. These prompts are very open ended, so our bloggers can write about whatever they desire. The main rule is that their blog post directly relates to the topic of that week. The point of this hop is for our readers to get to know us on a personal level.
Please hop along and read all of the blog posts in this weeks hop. Just click the links below. If you want real and raw emotion, then you will find it here. After you read each post, please comment and share. We want to get to know you too!