#HelloMay - Monthly Goals

We made it to May! This year has been bit crazy to say the least and everyone has been going through it. Can we get a redo, asking ...

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Promotional: Intertwined: Some emotions are just too strong to fight by Jerilee Kaye

Title: Intertwined: Some emotions are just too strong to fight
Author: Jerilee Kaye 
Genre: Romance, Contemporary 

Buy: Amazon | Smashwords


Book Summary: 
The women in Brianne Montgomery’s family have a curse that compels them to marry before the age of thirty-one, and she wasn't going to be the first one to break it.

Her life seemed perfect. Her parents were happily married and she had a wonderful brother who looked out for her. The only thing she hated about her life was Travis Cross—her brother’s annoying best friend.

But Brianne’s life took a sudden turn with a tragic death in her family. In an instant, she lost everything she held close to her in her perfect life.

Travis made a promise to protect Brianne for the rest of his life. And Travis is one person who knows how to keep his promises, no matter what the cost.

Soon, their once hateful relationship turned into an unbreakable bond of love and friendship.

However, their dependent and comfortable relationship would always be complicated because of the yearning inside Travis that craved Brianne like a drug. And Brianne struggled to stay immune to his charms. She had already lost so much, and Travis had become the most important thing she couldn’t afford to gamble with.

This romance follows the lives Travis and Brianne from the age sixteen to adulthood, and how they dealt with family, divorce, death, teen peer pressure, marriage and breakups… all of which make up their deep and unbreakable connection: A relationship so beautiful, they’re afraid to risk it for anything… not even for love itself.




Book Teaser:



Excerpt: 
I stared at Tom’s grave, after his funeral when everybody had gone, including my parents. I didn’t want to go yet. I was left all alone. I read the words written on his tombstone.


Thomas Antoine Montgomery
Forever Young

It began to rain, as if the heavens were crying with me. My parents seemed to have forgotten that they’d left their little girl behind. I stood there in the rain for at least an hour, and neither of my parents came to find me.

You will never be alone, baby sister, Tom promised me. But he was gone. And even my parents caved in to their own worlds to mourn on their own. Whom did I have now?

Suddenly, I felt an arm around my shoulder. I looked up and found Travis staring down at me. His eyes were teary, too. 

He hugged me to him, and this surprised me again. Travis and I hated each other’s guts. 

But the embrace he gave me was warm and sincere. More than that, it was needing, too. It was as if we suddenly felt so alone and now all we had was each other to hold on to.

“Ssshhh…” he hushed me. “Everything’s going to be okay. I promise I will take care of you for as long as I live,” he said. Then he turned toward Tom’s grave. “I will protect her with my life, bro. You don’t have to worry. She will never be alone for as long as I am alive.”

And suddenly, I realized this was what Tom had asked Travis for in the hospital. He asked Travis to take care of me…because he would no longer be able to.

And even though I hated Travis in the past, I knew he meant what he promised Tom. 

And I knew Tom would not leave me in Travis’s care if he didn’t trust him with his life.

I buried my face in Travis’s shoulder. I felt him kiss the top of my head and then he leaned his cheek against it. He was taking deep breaths once in a while and I knew he was crying, too. But as he held me in his arms, I knew he was trying to be strong for both of us.


About Author:
Jerilee Kaye was born under the sign of Leo in the year 1979.

She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Legal Management, and with post-graduate qualifications in the fields of Product Management, Project Management and Procurement.

She is currently managing a global vendor portfolio for a multinational company based in Dubai.

She is married to her first love, Sam, who has been her boyfriend since the age of 16. They are blessed with a beautiful five year old daughter, MarQuise.

When she’s not buried under stacks of paper at work, or engrossed with her writing, Jerilee Kaye spends some down time playing golf, kicking her husband’s butt on a judo match, and learning to play the piano.

Connect with her through:

Website/Blog:  www.jerileekaye.com
Twitter:  @iamjerileekaye
This entry was posted in

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...